Bieszczady Winter Adventure
Bieszczady Mountains are one of the most picturesque places in Poland. During winter this remote area becomes even more inaccessible and rugged. Mountaintops covered with snow, cold winter winds accompanied by snowstorms, successfully repel regular tourists. For photographers constantly changing weather conditions, fogs and clouds overflowing the peaks during the winter inversions, create unique circumstances to photograph the most beautiful Polish mountains in its full glory. So.. if you’re not afraid of the cold and you’re ready for a photographic adventure meet us there at our weekend workshops!
During that time you will see the most amazing places in Bieszczady accompanied by Tomasz Przychodzień and Piotr Lisowski. They will share their photographing experience with you showing how to tackle landscape photography regardless if you’re a beginner or a pro. You will learn the complete workflow of a landscape photographer – basic techniques, composition, how to get the most out of the current weather conditions, so your photos will start to amaze other people than yourselves :) During the time spent together we will photograph sunrises, sunsets and also practice astrophotography. We will show you advanced techniques such as exposure blending, perspective blending, ETTR, photo tricks invented by us, helping you to use all capabilities of your cameras.
Why is it worth it?
- sitting at home you won’t become a better photographer;
- you will get a possibility to learn landscape photography from the basics (composition, correct exposure) to advanced techniques such as exposure blending, long exposure using filters;
- we will teach you how to plan the shooting (logistics, predicting weather conditions, location scouting etc);
- you will get a lot of great tips and tricks allowing you to advance your photography to a higher level;
- we will share our patents and creative solutions such as using strobes in landscape photography, steel wool and many others;
- beautiful landscapes guaranteed or you’ll get your money back :)
What we will see? The most picturesque areas of Bieszczady are Połonina Wetlińska and Połonina Caryńska and nearby peaks, so we will head there. Keep in mind that the program will be adjusted daily according to current weather conditions so we will get the most out of it.
Day 1.: 10th of February 2017
Accommodation in a guesthouse in Wetlina
- the gear – what do we need the most in landscape photography and how to use the capabilities of your equipment;
- composition – how to consciously build the frame making your photographs interesting for the viewer;
- ISO, shutter speed, depth of field – interdependence of settings;
- perspective in photography;
- depth of field, depth of image, hiperfocal length.
- getting to the trail
- hiking to Połonina Wetlińska;
- photographing the sunset;
- outdoor supper in a Chatka Puchatka mountain refuge at the top;
- night at the refuge.
Day 2.: 11th of February 2017
- wake up
- photographing sunrise at Połonina Wetlińska;
- breakfast, rest;
- hiking down the trail;
- getting by car to the trail leading to Połonina Caryńska.
- trekking to Połonina Caryńska
- photographing the sunset;
- hiking back to the parking lot;
- getting back to the guesthouse, sleepover.
Day 2.: 12th of February 2017
- breakfast, free time.
- introduction to Adobe Lightroom;
- portfolio analysis of all participants;
- evaluation of the photographs taken during the workshops;
- complex post-processing using Lightroom and Photoshop.
- lunch in traditional local restaurant;
- incredible landscapes;
- local transportation – we will travel with cars which will allow us to be more flexible and quickly move between the locations;
- accommodation – guesthouse + mountain refuge;
- entrance and parking fees;
- photo workshops with top Polish landscape photographers;
- possibility of learning advanced photo techniques;
- 25% discounts for renting professional photo equipment at www.n-rent.pl (site is in Polish, we can help you book the equipment if you’d like to);
- lots of fun :)
What's not included
- getting to Wetlina from your hometown;
- food – everyone has different needs and food preference so we will do the shopping together, go to the restaurant, but the final choice is up to you;
- alkoholic beverages ;)
- everything not mentioned in previous section.
What to take with yourself?
- trekking equipment – proper shoes, rancoat, down jacket, thermos, sunglasses, warm sleeping bag, gloves, headlamp and other equipment allowing you to stay few hours outdoors in winter conditions (the temperature can be from 5 to -10 Celsius degrees).
- DSLR camera with set of lenses, filters (optional but can be useful), sturdy tripod (!) remote release cable, spare batteries, chargers, memory cards, cell phone.
- computer with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop installed (can be a trial version).
You can sign up calling us at +48 691 286 789 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org To confirm your participation you will have to make a down payment of 250EUR. We will provide you our banking details after accepting your reservation.